Producing content you read on this website takes a lot of time, effort, and hard work. If you value what we do here, please consider subscribing today.
The eighth hurricane of a 2012 season will continue to churn east in the Atlantic this week. Hurricane Nadine set its eye on the Azores. For second time this season Azores will be impacted by a hurricane which is quiet a rare occurrence in one season.
Nadine begins to slow down as it weakens to a tropical storm. The system is expected to maintain its minimal hurricane status through midweek although wind shear could weakened it a bit. The strong upper-level winds were pushing the top of Nadine east of the low-level center of circulation. Even if Nadine lose tropical characteristics, residents and visitors can expect heavy rain, strong winds and rough surf.
According to latest public advisory by US National Hurricane Center (NHC), the center of Tropical Storm Nadine was located near latitude 31.4 north and longitude 38.1 west. Nadine is moving toward the east-northeast near 30 km/h (18 mph). A turn toward the northeast with a decrease in forward speed is forecast on Monday.
Maximum sustained winds are near 110 km/h (70 mph) with higher gusts. Little change in strength is forecast during the next couple of days. Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 295 km (185 miles) from the center. Estimated minimum central pressure is 987 mB.
- Storm-Centered Infrared (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Storm-Centered Infrared (Aviation Color Enhancement) (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Storm-Centered Water Vapor (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Storm-Centered Visible (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Storm-Centered Visible (Colorized) (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Northeast Atlantic Infrared (Meteosat 9; NOAA/SSD)
- Northeast Atlantic Infrared (Aviation Color Enhancement) (Meteosat 9; NOAA/SSD)
- Northeast Atlantic Water Vapor (Meteosat 9; NOAA/SSD)
- Northeast Atlantic Visible (Meteosat 9; NOAA/SSD)
- Northeast Atlantic Visible (Colorized) (Meteosat 9; NOAA/SSD)
Register/become a supporter
Your support is crucial for our survival. It makes this project fully self-sustainable and keeps us independent and focused on the content we love to create and share.
You'll receive your ad-free account for 20x faster browsing experience, clean interface without any distractions, ability to post comments without prior editorial check, all our desktop and mobile applications (current and upcoming) ad-free and with the full set of features available, a direct line of communication and much more. See all options.