Typhoon Mina continue to weaken as it part of Cagayan today, the state weather bureau said.
In its latest bulletin, the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) spotted Mina at 50 km northeast of Aparri at 4 p.m. today. From 185 kph, the typhoon’s maximum sustained winds dropped to 165 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 200 kph, moving northwest at 7 kph.
PAGASA said Northern and Central Luzon will have occasional rains and gusty winds becoming stormy over extreme Northern Luzon that may trigger flashfloods and landslides. Southern Luzon and Visayas will experience cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms becoming widespread over the western sections which trigger flashfloods and landslides. Mindanao will have partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers and thunderstorms.
Moderate to strong winds blowing from the Southwest will prevail over the rest of Luzon and Visayas and the coastal waters along these areas will be moderate to rough. Elsewhere, winds will be light to moderate coming from the South and Southwest with slight to moderate seas. (PhilStar)
If you value what we do here, create your ad-free account and support our journalism.
- Strong M6.1 earthquake hits Luzon, Philippines Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Strong and shallow M6.4 earthquake hits Luzon, Philippines Tuesday, October 25, 2022
- Very strong and shallow M7.0 earthquake hits Luzon, Philippines Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- Typhoon “Rai” (Odette) rapidly intensifies to Super Typhoon before striking the Philippines Thursday, December 16, 2021
- Tropical Storm “Rai” forms east of Philippines, landfall expected over Caraga or Eastern Visayas Monday, December 13, 2021
- Tropical Storm “Megi” drops heavy rain over the Philippines, causing deadly floods and landslides Tuesday, April 12, 2022
- Tropical Storm “Ma-on” to make landfall over Luzon, Philippines Monday, August 22, 2022
- Tropical Depression “Agaton” over Visayas, Philippines Saturday, April 9, 2022
- Tropical Cyclone “Megi” (Agaton) death toll rises to 137 Friday, April 15, 2022
- The death toll caused by Tropical Storm “Nalgae” rises to 110, 33 people still missing, Philippines Tuesday, November 1, 2022
- Super Typhoon “Rai” hits the Philippines, leaving a trail of destruction, 375 people dead and 56 missing Friday, December 17, 2021
- Super Typhoon “Noru” (Karding) makes landfall in Luzon, Philippines Sunday, September 25, 2022