According to latest report by Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC), Tropical Cyclone Felleng (13S) was located approximately 310 nm northwest of La Reunion, and was moving west-southwestward at 11 knots. Sustainable winds range from 102 to 115 knots.
The system should continue to track southward through the next two days, then will begin to turn south-southeastward to southeastward as it rounds the southern periphery of the subtropical ridge. TC Felleng is now expected to weaken rapidly after the next 48 hours as it encounters strong vertical wind shear associated with an approaching shortwave trough and also tracks over the area of cooler sea, which range from 25 to as low as 20 degree Celsius.
The system is forecast to begin extra-tropical transition after 96 hours, as it becomes embedded in the mid-latitude westerlies and begins to accelerate southeastward.
- Storm-Centered Infrared (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Storm-Centered Enhanced Infrared (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Storm-Centered Water Vapor (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Storm-Centered Visible (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Meteosat 7 Infrared (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Meteosat 7 Infrared (Color Background) (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Meteosat 7 Infrared (NHC Color Enhancement) (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Meteosat 7 Water Vapor (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Meteosat 7 Water Vapor (Color Background) (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
If you value what we do here, open your ad-free account and support our journalism.
Producing content you read on this website takes a lot of time, effort, and hard work. If you value what we do here, select the level of your support and register your account.
Your support makes this project fully self-sustainable and keeps us independent and focused on the content we love to create and share.
All our supporters can browse the website without ads, allowing much faster speeds and a clean interface. Your comments will be instantly approved and you’ll have a direct line of communication with us from within your account dashboard. You can suggest new features and apps and you’ll be able to use them before they go live.
You can choose the level of your support.
Stay kind, vigilant and ready!