Tropical Storm Nadine is becoming better organized and could soon become the next hurricane in the Atlantic Basin. Maximum sustained winds are near 100 km/h (65 mph) with higher gusts. Some strengthening is forecast during the next 48 hours and Nadine is expected to become a hurricane tonight or early Thursday.
According to latest public advisory issued by National Hurricane Center (NHC) at 21:00 UTC, the center of Tropical Storm Nadine was located near latitude 20.0 north and longitude 48.9 west. Nadine is moving toward the northwest near 26 km/h (16 mph) and a turn toward the north-northwest at a similar speed is expected by Thursday night. Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 185 km (115 miles) from the center. The estimated minimum central pressure is 994 mb…29.35 inches.
A disturbance over the Central Atlantic Ocean strengthened Tuesday night into Tropical Storm Nadine. A trough of low pressure that guided Michael on a northerly path should also influence this system. Forecasters expect that Nadine will not directly affect any landmass through the next five days and remain over the ocean.
- Storm-Centered Infrared (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Storm-Centered Infrared (Aviation Color Enhancement) (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Storm-Centered Water Vapor (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Storm-Centered Visible (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Storm-Centered Visible (Colorized) (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Central Atlantic Infrared (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Central Atlantic Infrared (Aviation Color Enhancement) (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Central Atlantic Water Vapor (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Central Atlantic Visible (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
- Central Atlantic Visible (Colorized) (GOES 13; NOAA/SSD)
If you value what we do here, open your ad-free account and support our journalism.
Producing content you read on this website takes a lot of time, effort, and hard work. If you value what we do here, select the level of your support and register your account.
Your support makes this project fully self-sustainable and keeps us independent and focused on the content we love to create and share.
All our supporters can browse the website without ads, allowing much faster speeds and a clean interface. Your comments will be instantly approved and you’ll have a direct line of communication with us from within your account dashboard. You can suggest new features and apps and you’ll be able to use them before they go live.
You can choose the level of your support.
Stay kind, vigilant and ready!