According to latest report by Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC), Tropical Cyclone Emang was located approximately 500 nm east- southeast of Diego Garcia, and was moving at speed of 5 knots. Animated infrared (IR) satellite imagery depicts a partially exposed low-level circulation center (LLCC) with a recent flare of convection over the northwest quadrant of the LLCC.
Upper level analysis reveals TC Emang is located within a marginal environment with poor outflow and moderate (10-20 knots) vertical wind shear. The system remains within a weak steering environment but has picked up speed over the last hours tracking westward under the influence of a building subtropical ridge to the south.
Emang is expected to move slowly southwestward along the northern periphery of this building subtropical ridge. Emang is expected to intensify slowly to a peak intensity of 65 knots by the next few days under the moderately favorable environmental conditions.
- Storm-Centered Infrared (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Storm-Centered Enhanced Infrared (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Storm-Centered Water Vapor (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Storm-Centered Visible (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Meteosat 7 Infrared (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Meteosat 7 Infrared (Color Background) (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Meteosat 7 Infrared (NHC Color Enhancement) (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Meteosat 7 Water Vapor (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
- Meteosat 7 Water Vapor (Color Background) (Meteosat 7; CIMSS)
If you value what we do here, open your ad-free account and support our journalism.
Producing content you read on this website takes a lot of time, effort, and hard work. If you value what we do here, select the level of your support and register your account.
Your support makes this project fully self-sustainable and keeps us independent and focused on the content we love to create and share.
All our supporters can browse the website without ads, allowing much faster speeds and a clean interface. Your comments will be instantly approved and you’ll have a direct line of communication with us from within your account dashboard. You can suggest new features and apps and you’ll be able to use them before they go live.
You can choose the level of your support.
Stay kind, vigilant and ready!